Sep 18, 2018
The Perks of Staying at Hotels in Kelowna on the 97
Stretching from Osoyoos up through to Kamloops to Watson Lake, Yukon, Highway 97 is the longest continuously numbered highway route in BC. It also serves as the main artery through the Okanagan, bisecting the cities of Kelowna, Vernon and Penticton. Lined with shopping centres, restaurants, entertainment venues, the “97” stretch in the Okanagan’s largest city is home to one of the best hotels in Kelowna, which offers easy access to just about anywhere in the city as well Kelowna International Airport.
Go On and Off the Beaten Path
Highway 97 is not only the main transportation route through the Okanagan, but it also offers glorious scenic views of the Valley and takes you to numerous area parks and lakes from the south to the north. Use your hotel in Kelowna as a starting point and head out on an adventure by checking out these diverse attractions:
In the South:
- Take a stroll and learn about Osoyoos’ pocket desert and indigenous culture at the Nk’Mip Desert Culture Heritage Centre
- Travel back in time aboard the Kettle Valley Steam Railway in Summerland
- Rope climb above Penticton’s gleaming Skaha Lake at Skaha Bluffs Provincial Park
- Sail 381 feet above the valley floor along Canada’s highest freestyle zipline at Peachland’s ZipZone
In the Centre:
- Harvest tree nuts and go on a self-guided tour of historic Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park in West Kelowna
- Hike to the summit of a million-year-old dormant stratovolcano at Mt. Boucherie
- Learn about the Okanagan’s fruit and wine industry at the Okanagan Wine and Orchard Museum in Kelowna
- Bike along the 18 trestle bridges high above Mara Canyon on the Kettle Valley Railway (KVR)
In the North:
- Explore the outback in Lake Country and pet the baby joeys at Kangaroo Creek Farm
- Get close to raptors as they sail through the air above the natural grasslands at Vernon’s Allan Brooks Nature Centre
- Learn about BC’s early ranching history and run through the giant corn maze at Historic O’Keefe Ranch in Spallumcheen off Hwy 97 N
- Watch a double feature under the stars on North America’s largest drive-in movie screen at Enderby’sStarlight Drive-In on Hwy 97A
Explore a Wine Region
Savour the best fruit dangling from the vine along Highway 97 by booking our East or West Bench Okanagan Wine Tours’ Package.
Enjoy a comfortable stay in our Kelowna airport hotel and start your morning with our complimentary hot breakfast. Sit back and enjoy the ride as your tour guide and driver takes you south along the 97, where you can sip, savour and take in the area’s beautiful wineries while learning about award-winning varietals and other wine facts. End your day by relaxing in our Kelowna hotel with a pool and hot tub.
If beer is more to your taste, why not follow our Kelowna hotel guide and Savour the Suds at Kelowna’s Most Unique Breweries.Located right on Highway 97, the Comfort Suites is one of the most conveniently located hotels in Kelowna near the airport. Explore the Okanagan and enjoy our facilities, including well-appointed, comfortable suites, indoor pool with 40 ft. cyclone waterslide and hot tub, 24-hour fitness centre, business centre, and free hot breakfast buffet.