Sep 10, 2018
Dog Guide: Take Fido on an Adventure From Your Pet-friendly Hotel
Kelowna has gone to the dogs. We mean that in the best possible sense. This pet-friendly city has numerous amenities and activities for our four-legged friends. And it’s no wonder, as a recent Citizen Survey indicated that 38 per cent of Kelowna residents have one dog or more in their household. This Fido friendliness extends to visitors to the city, as you will see when you stay at Comfort Suites Kelowna’s pet-friendly hotel. So check in your furry mate, and check out some of these fun adventures:
Go For a Walk on the Wild Side
Kelowna has more dog parks than you can shake a stick at, make that throw a stick at. Located a short drive from the Comfort Suites’ hotel in Kelowna are a number of off-leash and dog-friendly parks and beaches, where you and your pet can get some exercise surrounded by Ponderosa pines, wide open grassy areas, and that beautiful gem known as Okanagan Lake.
- North Glenmore Dog Park, a 5.25 hectare off-leash park with walking trails, open spaces, benches and a water fountain for dogs
- Ellison Dog Park, a 7.02 hectare off-leash park with trails, trees and bushes and an area with benches where you can sit and watch Fido run
- Enterprise Park, tucked behind a number of Kelowna auto dealerships and the Shaw Communications building, this park has a fenced off-leash area, walking trails, grass and treed areas as well as a small pond
- Paul’s Tomb Trail and Beach, located in Knox Mountain Park, this easy on-leash trail leads to a pristine dog-friendly beach on Okanagan Lake
- Mission Creek Regional Park, dogs are welcome on leash along the trails and pathways of this 92-hectare park, which offers access to the Mission Creek Greenway, a 16.5 K linear trail that runs along Mission Creek and through Kelowna
Wine ‘n' Dine Alongside Your Pet
The Okanagan is famous for its wine, so it’s no wonder that a number of wineries and vineyards have started opening their doors to people with their pets. Many of these establishments, not far from our Kelowna hotel suites, offer picnic areas and patios where you can enjoy a glass of local vino and some nibbles while Fido cools off.
- Ancient Hill Estate Winery, east of the Kelowna International Airport
- Arrowleaf Cellars, on Camp Road in Lake Country
- Intrigue Wines, on Okanagan Centre Road E in Lake Country
- The View Winery, located in south-east Kelowna
- St. Hubertus and Oak Bay Winery, off Lakeshore Drive in Kelowna’s Mission area (Cedar Creek dog beach is located just across the road)
Pamper Fido at the Pet Resort
In town for a business meeting? Need somewhere to leave your dog for the day? The family-owned Kelowna Pet Resort not only offers a weekday “luxury” doggy daycare for both big and small dogs in its indoor and outdoor play area, it also offers professional grooming services. Your pet can enjoy a day at the spa with a bubble bath, blow out, brush out, nail trim, ear cleaning, and more.
An Adventure for all your Rovers
Kelowna has a number of dog walking outfits, but for something a little different why not send your four-legged pal out on an adventure with Rad Rover? Located near Comfort Suites’ accommodation in Kelowna, Rad Rover’s pet first aid certified pack leaders take dogs out on daily hiking adventures to local parks. You can choose from a pack hike, with a 6 to 1 dog to dog walker ratio, a solo hike, or even an adventure for Old Yellers, which is less strenuous. There’s even a fetch, splash and swim option in summer and winter adventurer when the temperature dips. For those who have a wanderer on their hand, you can choose to outfit your dog with a GPS tracker to ensure he or she doesn’t get lost.
Read What the Reviews Have to Say About One of the Best Kelowna Hotels TripAdvisor Recommends for being pet-friendly.Not only does the Comfort Suites Kelowna offer pet-friendly junior suites and pet-friendly queen/double suites, we are one of the few Kelowna hotels with kitchen facilities including fridge and microwave, so you can prepare a picnic for you and your best four-legged friend and head out on an adventure.